The Wesleyan values and philosophy is summarized in these six guiding principles:
- To recognize people are worthy as God's Creation
- To nurture the capacity to love
- To acknowledge the potential for individual growth
- To empower people to take responsibility
- To recognize human limits
- To serve the poor and the children
To see what other denominations says about adoption, click on the respective view:
What if my religious tradition isn't listed?
If your denomination or spiritual preference isn't listed, it may be that we cannot locate written support of the gift of adoption by one of your spiritual leaders. If we have overlooked this, we'd be happy to consider adding other comments from religious leaders that would be consistent and supportive of the Christian faith.